Technology Development Librarian recruitment at The University of Alabama Libraries
Position: Innovative and Entrepreneurial Librarian
Reporting to: Director of Library Technology
Location: The University of Alabama Libraries
- Technical Project Leadership: Provide leadership for technical projects within the unit.
- Application Development: Plan and manage application development, including supervision and training of staff and student programmers.
- Curriculum and Pedagogical Enhancement: Collaborate with University Libraries faculty on curriculum and pedagogical enhancements for Library Instruction and Data Services Programs.
- Technology Training: Train librarians on new technologies.
- Faculty Affairs: Actively participate in faculty affairs.
- Business Needs Analysis: Analyze business needs with a people-centric approach and recommend commercial or open-source options.
- Technology Trends: Stay updated on new technologies, especially those relevant to instruction.
- Application Creation and Support: Create and support complex applications and customizations, along with maintaining internal documentation.
- Best Practices: Maintain knowledge of best practices, especially in security and accessibility.
- Identify Promising Technologies: Identify new technologies, tools, and APIs that can enhance services and curriculum.
- Software Implementation: Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain proprietary and open-source software.
- Project Management: Manage existing platforms, including EBSCO Discovery Service, SpringShare Suite, ILLiad, CONTENTdm, DSpace, ArchivesSpace, Omeka, and WordPress.
- Integration: Ensure systems integration for tools requiring it.
- FOLIO Project: Potentially engage in development work for the FOLIO Library Services Platform.
- Change Management: Deal with change, ambiguity, and complex problems in an academic setting.
- Remote Work: Eligible for remote work.
- 12-month clinical faculty appointment at Assistant Professor rank.
- Salary: $80,000-$90,000 (commensurate with qualifications and experience).
- Benefits: Professional development support, tuition fee waiver, matching retirement contributions.
- Apply online at https://careers.ua.edu (Faculty Jobs, University Libraries).
- Include application, Curriculum Vitae, and contact information for three references.
- Application deadline: Open until filled; applications by October 16, 2023, receive full consideration.
- Contact Michael Arthur, Senior Associate Dean, at email@example.com for inquiries.
- Master’s degree in Library & Information Sciences or advanced graduate degree in a related field.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and creative problem-solving.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a software team environment.
- Experience in managing employees or students.
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards (WCAG, ADA/Section 508).
- Experience in project management, programming languages (Java, PHP, Python, Ruby), RESTful APIs, and server-side languages (PHP, Java, Ruby, Python).
- Support of open-source library applications (Omeka, ArchivesSpace, DSpace).
- Familiarity with UX methodologies, Linux, Apache/Tomcat, Solr, MySQL/PostgreSQL, and PHP.
For Official Advertisement & Online Apply : Click Here