Consortial Systems Librarian recruitment at University of Maryland Libraries, US.
Job Title: Consortial Systems Librarian
Company: University of Maryland Libraries
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Location: College Park, Maryland, United States
Library or Company Type: Academic/Research (College/University)
Job Category: IT/Systems/Web
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Minimum Education: Master’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 3-5 Years
Required Travel: 0-10%
Salary Range: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 (Yearly Salary)
Job Description: The Consortial Systems Librarian position at the University of Maryland Libraries is a full-time role based in College Park, Maryland. As part of the academic/research environment, this position falls under the IT/Systems/Web category.
Reporting Structure: The CS Librarian reports to the Head of Consortial Library Systems and Operations.
- System Management: The CS Librarian is involved in the implementation, maintenance, and support of library applications for consortium members.
- Problem Resolution: They use ticketing systems and other methods to track and address member-library problems and communicate with staff at multiple locations.
- Collaboration: The incumbent fosters collaboration and teamwork by working with consortium committees, communities, and working groups to develop policies, procedures, and programs.
- System Expertise: They must develop expertise in Alma and Primo VE, as the consortium is undergoing an ILS system migration, particularly focusing on access services and resource sharing.
- Data Gathering: The CS Librarian gathers data to evaluate programs and services, aligning them with the consortium’s long-term and strategic goals.
- Balance: They must balance liaising with subject matter communities and fulfilling the day-to-day operational needs of the consortium.
Position Type: Professional Track Faculty (Non-tenured contractual position)
Rank: The rank at appointment is determined by the candidate’s experience and credentials.
Legal Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to work legally in the United States, and the university will not sponsor employment visas.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively within a team for operational management, customer support, training, documentation, and community management of library products and services.
- Customer Service: Commitment to excellent customer service and ensuring positive user experiences.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication: Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Initiative: Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adaptability: Flexibility in adapting to a changing technological and organizational environment.
- Independence and Collaboration: Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- Library Knowledge: Knowledge of library software applications and services.
- Technology Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other productivity and communication applications.
- Required: A Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution or a relevant graduate degree.
- Required: A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in information technology services, experience in Access Services or Resource Sharing, and experience with commercial and/or open-source library software solutions.
- Preferred: Experience or working knowledge of consortial environments and requirements, community and content management tools, delivering presentations, and familiarity with Ex Libris’ Alma or Primo platforms and resource sharing software like ILLiad or RapidILL.
Background Check: Employment offers are contingent on the completion of a background check. Prior criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify applicants, and there is an opportunity for applicants to provide information and appeal decisions related to the background check.
For Online Apply : Click Here