Manager Library recruitment at Indian Institute Of Management Calcutta
Position: Manager (on contract)
Number of Vacancies: 2 (Two)
- Supervision and control of Integrated Library Management System (ILMS) like VTLS & Koha.
- Online Access Control and Maintenance of Electronic Resources and Services.
- Handling procurement related activities of print resources.
- Supervision and Control of Institutional Digital Repository (IDR) like Dspace.
- Maintenance of Research Data Management and Services towards Open-innovation.
- Evaluation and Maintenance of Web-based Library Services using Innovative Technologies.
- Participate and organize training workshops, staff orientations, user induction meetings keeping in view of professional up-gradation and library outreach facilities.
- Ability to provide research assistance and handling bibliographical (publication) datasets for quantitative studies.
- Any other relevant jobs as assigned by the Competent Authority from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library & Information Science or an equivalent professional degree in documentation, information management with first class from a government-recognized university or institute.
- Master’s degree in Library & Information Science or an equivalent professional degree in documentation, information management with first class from a government-recognized university or institute.
- Qualifying in the NET/SET conducted by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC, or a Ph.D. degree in LIS discipline is desirable.
- Minimum 10 (Ten) years of relevant experience in a professional capacity in a large technical library of an Institution of National Importance.
- Knowledge in Computerization or application of Information Technology in the Library of an academic/ research organization of repute and evidence of innovative library services.
- Preferably below 40 (Forty) years as on the last date of application.
- The initial consolidated emoluments would be Rs. 55,000/- (Rupees Fifty-Five Thousand) only per month along with other admissible benefits as per Institute’s rules.
- This is a contractual position for a period of 03 (Three) years only. During the engagement, the candidate may opt out from service of the Institute or the Institute may terminate the engagement, by giving 30 (Thirty) days written notice by either side.
- Various details regarding application submission, qualifications, and other requirements are outlined in the official notice.
- Interested candidates should apply on the prescribed form addressed to the Senior Administrative Officer (HR), Indian Institute Of Management Calcutta, D. H. Road, P.O. – Joka, Kolkata – 700 104 on or before 4th October 2023.