Vacancy for the post of librarian at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru
Post Name: Librarian
No. Of posts: 01
Age Limit : (as on the last date of Advertisement) 55 Years
Pay scale : Level 14 in 7th CPC (Rs. 1,44,200- Rs. 2,18,200)
Prescribed Minimum Qualification / Experience:
Educational Qualifications: Master’s degree Library Science/Information Science/Documentation with at least 55%marks or its equivalent grade with a consistently good academic record.
At least 15 years of Librarian experience in Library in Govt/Semi Govt/PSU/University/Educational Institute of national importance/R&D institution of which at least 8 years should be at the level of Deputy Librarian or equivalent grade with Grade Pay of Rs. 9000/-. Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work and ICT modernization of library.
M Phil/PhD degree in library science/information science/ documentation/archives and manuscript keeping. Experience with modern technology and practices for information storage, dissemination and networked access. Familiarity with the way in which libraries of the future are going to be shaped. Deputation can be considered from the officers from the Central/ State Governments or Institute of national importance or Universities/ University level institution or PSU holding analogous post, and/or possessing educational qualification and experience as prescribed for direct recruitment.
The Librarian apart from being in-charge of the library is expected, as a member of the Senate, to interact actively with the academic staff and plan the maximum utilization of the library’s facilities for the benefit of the research scholars and students of the Institute. The other duties include: library administration and management, personnel matters, library budget, technical services, development of network based information services, search services and use of information technology effectively in improving the library services in tune with the developments in the international arena. Must also foster networked collaboration and new innovative mechanisms to retain and improve upon the pre-eminent status of the JRD Tata Memorial Library. Tenure of Appointment: Direct Recruitment (or) by Deputation/contract basis for tenure up to 5 years or till attaining the age of 62 years whichever is earlier or as fixed by GoI by orders issued in this regard from time to time.
Terms and conditions:
1. The candidate must be a citizen of India. The prescribed qualifications and experience are the minimum required and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for an interview. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates admitted for interview to a reasonable number, on the basis of qualifications and/or experience higher than the minimum prescribed.
2. Relaxation in age is applicable as per Govt. of India norms as applicable to the Institute. Maximum age (including all conditions) relaxation is up to 57 years for the post.
3. Probation for direct recruitment is for a period of two years and for contractual appointment is for a period of one year.
4. The post is also suitable for Physically Handicapped candidates with disabilities viz. Orthopedically Handicapped/Locomotor disability/Cerebral Palsy with One Leg Affected (Right or Left) (OL) or One Arm Affected (Right or Left) (OA) or One Leg/One Arm Affected (Right or Left), Low Vision (LV) and Hearing Impaired.
5. Candidates have to apply online only. Incomplete applications in any respect will not be considered. Physical application will not be considered.
6. Selection to the post will be through interview. However, Institute reserves the right to conduct a written exam, if deemed necessary. 7. All Candidates should obtain NOC from the present employer (wherever applicable) and upload online. However, application without NOC will also be considered provided the candidate uploads a duly signed undertaking that the NOC will be submitted at the time of Interview.
8. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications well in advance, without waiting until the last date.
9. Call letters to attend the interview will be sent only to the short-listed candidates by mail. Candidates are required to check their registered e-mail ID frequently. No correspondence will be made with applicants who are not shortlisted/not called for interview.
10. The Institute reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason. No Interim correspondence will be entertained. The Institute reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason. The Institute also reserves the right to cancel the advertisement/ recruitment at any stage due to any administrative reason. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
11. The Institute reserves the right to conduct the interview online or in-person. Out station candidates called for interview will be paid railway fare (2nd AC) from the place of duty/residence to Bengaluru and back by shortest route on production of tickets.
12. Those who are joining the Institute on or after 1st January 2004 are covered under the new pension scheme. However, employees who entered service before 31.12.2003 and who were governed by the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972–shall be eligible for the GPF cum Pension cum Gratuity scheme subject to fulfillment of the conditions prescribed for this purpose by the Govt of India.
13. The Institute reserves the right to verify the antecedents or documents submitted by the candidate at any time during the service. In case it is found that the documents submitted by the candidate are not genuine, then his/her services shall be terminated and disciplinary/criminal proceedings will be initiated.
14. Candidates who are awarded gradations under CGPA/GPA system in respect of Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree are advised to submit correct percentage of marks obtained as per the University/Institute guidelines for conversion of CGPA/GPA to appropriate percentage. The proof (letter issued by the University/Institute) of the same will be submitted during the document verification.
How to Apply
Interested individuals are requested to apply online on the following link: http://recruitment.iisc.ac.in/NonTeaching/ along with the certified copies of supporting documents on or before 18/11/2022.
Link to apply online:
NOTE : 👉
The recruitment portal will be open from 29/10/2022 to 18/11/2022 for submission of applications online.
Advertisement No. R(HR)308-2022 dated 29 October 2022
Official Website:👉 www.iisc.ac.in
Telegram Channel 👉 Click Here
WhatsApp Group 👉 Click Here
Facebook Page 👉 Click Here
Instagram 👉 Click Here
Telegram Group 👉 Click Here
Twitter 👉 Click Here
YouTube Channel 👉 Click Here