Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (an autonomous body under Ministry of Earth Sciences), Pashan, Pune
For Circulation ( Notice Board/ Email)
Indian Institute of tropical Meteorology (an autonomous body under Ministry of Earth Sciences), Pashan, Pune is looking for “Library Assistant” position urgently (recruitment is through third party BVG India)
Name of post : Library Assistant
No. of Post : 01
Monthly Remuneration :
Nature of post:
Purely temporary, contractual basis (likely to continue on the basis of performance)
(for IITM Library, Pune: recruitment through third party)
Indian Institute of tropical Meteorology (an autonomous research institute under Ministry of Earth Sciences), Pashan, Pune
B.Lib / M.Lib degree from a recognized University, with fluency in English and working knowledge of computer (Ms Office, Internet etc).
Candidates should have 1 year of work experience in the relevant field.
Skill and abilities- The candidate-
• Must have the ability and maturity to work independently and as part of the team.
• Ability to interact with other Libraries, researchers, etc.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform and deliver under tight deadlines.
• Must have ability to write research papers/ Posters/ Presentations for Conference/Workshop.
i) Working experience in DSPACE, LIBSYS, audio/ video resource management system
ii) Graduation in Science
iii) Full time regular degree for Master’s degree in Library Science
How to apply:
Interested candidates can send their complete resume along with passport size photograph, reference details (from previous employer(s)), to email@example.com by 6th June 2022.
preferably below 40 years, however relaxation for experienced & skilled candidate.
1) Managing Library Users & Library resources
Handling of issue counter, Membership, Circulation, Acquisition, technical processing and Serial control
2) Managing documentary delivery services (E-Resoursces) by networking with other Libraries.
Daily tracking of newsclippings and maintaining its archival in DSpace.
3) Digitization of IITM Resources such as Thesis, Reports, Documents
4) Installation of DSpace & maintenance of Institutional repositories using DSpace,
5) Managing eResource in Institutional archival system & managing CDs
6) Stock verification
7) Conducting various research studies/ case studies in Library
8) Assistance in writing research papers on various issues of Library & information science
9) Audio and visual resource management
10) Assistance in all developmental activities of Institutional Library
11) Implementation of new services for Library users
12) Conducting User education sessions