Assistant Librarian (06 posts) at Visva-Bharati (Central University)
Advertisement No. 1/2023 dated 17/ 04/2023
• Post Name : Assistant Librarian
• No of post : 06 posts (03 UR, 02 OBC & 01 SC)
• Pay : level 10
• Age limit : 40 years
1. A Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree, with at least 55% of marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
2. A consistently good academic record, with knowledge of computerization of a Library. 3. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/ CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET /SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil / Ph.D Degree), Regulations 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be. Provided that the, candidates registered for the Ph D degree prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree, and such Ph. D, candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET ISLET /SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
1. The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode.
2. The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
3. Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
4. The candidate has published two research papers from his / her Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
5. The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/ her Ph. D. work in conferences /seminars sponsored / funded / supported by the UGC/ICSSR /CSIR or any other similar agency.
How to apply
• The candidates are advised to apply through the portal at https://vbharatirec.nta.ac.in. Further information including eligibility, age limit, reservations, mode of recruitment, scheme of examination etc., detailed advertisement are also available in the University’s website visva-bharati.ac.in
• Applications for the above posts will be received only in online mode. For any technical query/issue if any faced by the applicant /candidate while applying, please contact the NTA at the email id and telephone number as would be given by the NTA in the portal.
The closing date of applying online application will be 16th May, 11.59 P.M.