Vacancy for the post of Deputy Librarian at Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Post Name: Deputy Librarian
No. Of posts: 02 (01 UR + 01 PwD [UR])
Minimum pay: Rs.79,800/- in Academic Level 12 (Rs.79,800-2,11,500), [with Transport Allowance and DA presently applicable, the gross (excluding HRA) adds up to Rs.1,16,580/- p.m.] (The incumbent will be moved to Academic Level 13A (entry pay 1,31,400) after 05 years based on performance assessment) The reserved PwD position is for HH. If HH candidates not available VH(LV) may be considered Residential accommodation will be provided at the campus with applicable charges and subject to availability; otherwise HRA will be paid as per GoI norms.
Postgraduate degree in Library science/ information science/ documentation, with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade and a consistently good academic record.
At least 08 years of work experience as Assistant Librarian with Pay Level 10 or higher positions at a University or reputed Institute Library.
– Demonstrated knowledge & experience in a broad spectrum of library operations, including E-Resource management, research support services, scholarly communication, library instruction, digital transformation of library operations & practices.
– Ph.D. degree in Library Science/ Information Science/ documentation archives & manuscript keeping.
– Evidence of innovative library services, including integration of ICT in a Library.
– Evidence of integration of library resources & services using ICT in teaching, learning and research.
– Extensive knowledge of contemporary digital library practices, trends & emerging technologies.
– Knowledge of print & digital repositories & archives.
– Scholarly publications in journals of repute.
– Management & communication skills to build & foster close relationship with library team and users.
– holding analogous post or
– with at least three years’ service in posts carrying Level 11 or its equivalent and having experience in administration, establishment and accounts matters of the Library.
Age limit: 50 years as on last date of submitting application
I) All the p osts mentioned here form parts of regular vacancies.
II) Candidates interested on deputation and currently working in Central Govt./ State Govt./ PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies/ Government Academic Institutions and holding analogous post or one level below the post a nd fulfilling the eligibility criteria may apply for these posts on DEPUTATION basis through proper channel. However, they have to apply online and it will be considered as advance copy only.
III) The Institute reserves the right to relax the sp ecifications with respect to qualification/ experience/age limit in exceptional cases or in cases of persons already holding analogous position in a Govt./University/ Academic Institutions.
IV) Required experience in different Pay Levels Research Institutions. mentioned in this advertisement is as per 7th CPC. However, experience gained prior to implementation of 7th CPC will be counted to ‘equivalent’ Pay Level/ Grade pay.
V) Higher Initial pay may be considered for deserving candidates.
VI) Preference will be given to suitable candidates from Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category. If suitable candidates belonging to a ca tegory of Physical Disability ( viz VH, OH or HH) for whom the post is reserved are not available, the post may be filled by PwD belonging to othe r categories as specified against that position . Only such person, who have suffered not less than 40% of relevant disability are eligible to be considered as per the Persons with Disabilities ( Equal opportunities, Protection of rights & Full participation Act, 1995) and are required to furnish Medical Certificate issued by Competent Authority in proof of their disability.
VII. Selection Committee reserves the right not to select any candidate for a post
1. Relaxation in age for SC, ST, OBC, PwD and Ex-Servicemen would be admissible as per Central Government Rules. Persons working with IITs who are educationally qualified and otherwise eligible can be considered for the recruitment up to a maximum age of 50 years.
2. Persons employed in Govt./Semi-Govt. organizations or Educational Institutions should apply with due permission of their present employer and should produce a ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) at the time of interview/ skill test, if called for the same. Applicants without NOC will not be permitted to appear in the interview/ skill test.
3. The Institute reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of positions at its own discretion.
4. Online application at the Institute website (https://iitgn.ac.in/careers/non-academic-staff) must be submitted between 10:00 hrs. on 01 September 2022 and 23:59 hrs. on 30 September 2022. Application fee of Rs.500/- (no application fee for SC/ST, PwD, Ex-Servicemen and Women candidates) is also to be paid online.
5. Candidates, who desire to apply for more than one post, must use separate forms for each application and also pay separate fee for each application.
6. Outstation candidates called for interview shall be reimbursed travel expenses from place of residence to Ahmedabad and back as per instructions in the call letter, on production of proof of appropriate documents.
7. No interim correspondence will be entertained. Canvassing in any form shall lead to automatic disqualification.
8. Fulfilling minimum qualification does not entail a call for interview. The applications received in response to the advertisement shall be scrutinized and only candidates shortlisted from valid applicants, on the basis of better qualification and quality of relevant experience, shall be called for skill test/ presentation/ interview. The authorities reserve all rights, not to call an applicant for skill test/ interview, without assigning any reason.
Below the Vacancies also check out 👇👇👇👇👇
# Online Application Form for Apprentice in Library and Information Science at ICSSR- NASSDOC, New Delhi – 31, August, 2022